[meteorite-list] Centimeter cubes

From: Drake <monel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 04:56:23 -0400

I too really enjoyed reading the cube history. Now I feel bad for
calling the one I got a toy. It is exactly as described in the article.
After I read it, I feel more like I have a piece of history!

To all the posts and emails ...
I bought 18 feet of 1 cm Al rod because I wanted more than enough for
scrap as I figured out how to make them. I don't know what to charge for
them. My letter dies-sets and other tooling costs are getting pretty
high, so I can't charge what I have into them. (This wont be a money
maker!)

Reading the article, I too had a problem figuring out how to properly
anodize them. I don't want any un-anodized areas at all. My first
attempt will be to drill a 0.030" hole where one of the "tick marks"
show the bottom side. This will be used to attach the cube to the anode.
The first run will be just a few to see how it works.

I'm also working on three 1" cubes, just for fun.

Drake

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Drake "Doc" Damer?u
NAR Section 614