[meteorite-list] (no subject)

From: debfred at att.net <debfred_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 05:14:39 +0000

Listoids, I am rather pleased tonight as I sit here in snowy Colorado. I have in
my hands a rock that I first saw streaking across the night sky glowing brighter
than the Sun. My wife and I were returning from a friends birthday party after
midnight some nine years ago when we saw a fireball streak low across the
southern sky. We spent several days the next years searching for this meteorite
we were sure must be waiting for us. Two years after the fireball a five year
old boy found the first piece and the main mass of the Elbert meteorite. I am
fortunate to have obtained a piece of this LL6 fall. I am wondering how many of
you have a meteorite that you saw flying through the sky. I know I feel
unbelievably fortunate to have such a piece. Regards, Fred Olsen, Denver