[meteorite-list] Road Trip

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:22:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi List,

Several have asked where this road trip is supposed to
take place. I do not consider it being nosey since I
am the one who mentioned it. I will be headed to the
Mojave on the 21st. I will mainly be looking for
property but will squeeze in three or four days of
meteorite hunting if anybody is interested in joining
up.

We have done several trips to the Mojave in the past
and on every trip, meteorites were found. This is a
mini-trip to wet my appetite for the treasure hunting
aspect of this hobby. I will be flying in instead of
taking the Mobile Meteorite Command Center (MMCC)
which still needs some adjustments before it is road
ready. I am down to minor things like lengthening the
safety chains, dialing in the electronic brakes and
matching gas lines for external things like a gas fire
pit and three burner cast-iron expedition stove. My
goal is to have it road-ready sometime in April for a
full-on hunting trip.

On anther note, has anybody heard from Mark Jackson
(Action Jackson)? He usually joins up with us on these
trips and I have not heard from him for sometime. Did
he make it to Tucson this year?

So far, five people have committed to joining up
including a scientist from NAU so if you are
interested, stay tuned for details which I will
provide in about a week.

Best Regards,

Adam