[meteorite-list] Posting problem diagnosed

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:36:24 -0800

Hi All,

Okay, I think I've got it figured out. If your message has any
html in it -- even a single word in italics or underlined -- then
it's going to get delayed by the posting server. When a bunch
of messages show up all at once (usually delayed by a day or more),
what they all have in common is some degree of message formatting.
Sometimes it is just the signature line that gets attached at the
bottom by AOL or another ISP.

In my case, messages sometimes get delivered to me converted to
html, so when I hit reply the included hypertext ends up changing
my regular sending protocol from plain text to html.

--Rob