[meteorite-list] AUCKLAND METEORITE PHOTO

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:31:38 -0800 (PST)

Thought somebody would like this photo. The meteorite
is way cool looking. Better than my photo shows. This
is truely one of the worlds nicest meteorites. In the
museum it is behind a dark glass and hard to take
photos of. I had to photoshop the colors a bit to get
it looking semi nice for my photo.
I emailed the auckland museum and asked if it would be
possible to get it taken out of the case so that I
could get some really nice photos of it (I tried to
bribe them by offering to donate a 25 gram slice of my
CV3 if I could get some decent photos taken of it) but
I got a very nasty email back from the museum saying
that I should be well aware that it shouldent be
handled anymore than necessary so it could be
preserved for future generations to see. So I only
have a so so photo.
In any event my photo dont remotely do it justice but
you might like it anyway.
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/metsale/aucklandmeteorite.jpg
Sincerely
DEAN