[meteorite-list] Suspected Meteorite Hits Illinois Home

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:13:52 -0700

I'm hard pressed to imagine a scenario by which a meteorite can land at
anything other than a near vertical angle. From the picture, it's
obvious this thing had some serious velocity (judging by the damage
especially to the magazine); I'll be curious to see what it turns out to
be. Maybe it got deflected by something like a rain gutter outside the
window?

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory