[meteorite-list] Suspected Meteorite Hits Illinois Home

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:53:30 -0800

Hello Ken, All,
That looks nothing like a fresh iron meteorite. Fusion crust? That looks
more like rust, and nevermind those shallow indentations that are being
called regmaglypts - if you want to see what a fresh iron looks like, take
out a Sikhote or Taza - or draw up some pics of any other falls around in
museums.
The jagged edges as well...come on - you'd only get those with a
multiple-fall, and in order for one of those, you'd need a sizable fireball
to accompany its entry.
This one looks like a rusty piece of crap - much worse than the NJ object,
and that one was complete rubbish to start out with.
Regards,
Jason