[meteorite-list] all List members & Mike re Threats from Mr Gregory

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 14:54:05 -0700 (PDT)

While technically two rules have been violated
(Posting personal messages and attacks) the content in
my opinion more than justifies it.
After all, if there is somebody who is going to make
an effort to physically hard somebody who goes
meteorite hunting or somehow hamper a legitimate
meteorite search a lot of people would be interested
and it is certainly meteorite related. I for one would
like to know what certain people is capable of doing.
Wither this is getting the mafia after you when
searching allende in mexico, hiring police to cause
one trouble in morocco, setting people up with the
government to get arrested in oman ect, I would like
to know so as to avoid contact with these people and
to take any necessary action should I decide to take
part in these search activities.
You could I guess argue that this whole topic is not
meteorite related since there are no meteorites except
in one mad mans delusions, but given that meteorites
and threats are in the same thread I am glad that I
have as many of the details as possible of the
situation. After all, I have been to arequipa peru
dozens of times (And I actually had the crater in
question investigated - although I never posted
anything to the list concerning my "investigation"
since there are obviously no meteorites in a bomb
crater that has volcanic basalt and scrapnel scattered
around it) but I do know from mikes email that I
wouldent try and talk to the mad man of arequipa if I
go to arequipa again. When he was a new misinformed
meteorite lover you might want to talk to somebody and
maybe explain things about meteorites to them. A
potentially violent criminal who wont listen to comen
sense about meteorites is a totally different matter
altogether.
I say there was nothing wrong with mikes posting and
it is informative to at least some members. The people
who are not interested of course wont read my email
since they have been deleting emails from this thread
long ago. People with an interest will read it.
Sincerely
DEAN