[meteorite-list] Reprise + finale: The red skein of aggressiveness

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2007 00:10:48 UT

Mike Farmer wrote: "Bernd, I respect you and your opinion, but do not single me out..."

Hello Mike and List,

I got some "ayes", I got some flak - even from my Pauline, which is quite normal because
there are always two sides to a thing: "it takes two to tango". Let me first of all congratulate
Mike on his latest find: this extraordinary pallasite - I criticized you so I should also be able
to congratulate you on this latest meteoritic feat!

Mike is a top-notch meteorite dealer, a top-notch meteorite collector, Mike is a top-notch
meteorite hunter, ... his impulsive, eruptive aggressiveness can be quite bothersome! But:

He is *NOT" a thief, he never stole a meteorite nor ever will - I own an Ourique piece plus
a thin section - both from Mike as so many other specimens in my collection and there would
be quite a few meteorites missing in our and UoA's collections if Mike Farmer had not been
there right in the adventurous footsteps of Bob Haag!

I didn't like Armando's latest post in response to my post very much because I did not mean
to "demean" Mike's merits as a "collector-hunter-dealer", I was solely referring to his "unbridled
aggressiveness" - no matter what triggers his eruptions, ... the first thing he does, he goes boom!

So, I do hope that if ever Mike and I meet in person, either in Ensisheim or in Tucson some
day, that we will enjoy a couple of beers, talk meteorites and other things and maybe smile
about things we said even though we were serious when said what we said!

Best regards,

Bernd

To: meteoriteguy at yahoo.com
    Impactika at aol.com