[meteorite-list] Bendego Meteorite

From: Mark Grossman <markig_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 02:58:05 -0500

I would like to obtain a sample of the Bendego meteorite and have seen samples on several sites and on eBay auctions.

However, I understand that most of the Bendego samples found in recent years are highly weathered. I did see a specimen on a German site that had some of the underlying metal showing.

Are there any older Bendego samples on the market that have the underlying metal exposed and etched?

Also, if anyone has micro or any other samples of the Cape of Good Hope that they are interested in selling, such as the ones that were sold by New England Meteoritical, please e-mail me off list.

Thanks.

Mark