[meteorite-list] Meteorites forsale (AD)

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:05:58 -0500

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:43:15 -0400, you wrote:

>Steve,
>
>As always, you need to be a lot more careful in how you word your emails.
>The term "paddy" is a dispariging term (an offensive term) for a person of
>Irish descent.

In Steve's defense, I also have never heard of "Paddy" being an offensive term,
and have heard St Patrick's day called that all my life. Of course, I come from
a part of the country without much in the way of people identifying themselfes
with Irish heratige and the holiday ranks right up there with Arbor Day and Flag
Day, so YMMV. Looks like the news outlets aren't clued in on the "problems"
with the word, either:
http://news.google.com/news?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=%22saint%20paddy%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wn