[meteorite-list] 70th annual meeting of the Meteoritical Society

From: Gerald Flaherty <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:12:42 -0400

Good Monday Morning List,
Dawn and I plan to attend the 2007 Meteoritical Society Meeting at Tucson
August 13-17. We expect that much of the Science will no doubt be over our
heads. Oddly enough, what inspired our decision were the pre and post field
trips which include Arizona birding, Meteor Crater and the Grand Canyon
among other possible sites.
David Kring will lead the geologic excursion and Drew Barringer will be our
host at the Crater.
I understand that temperature will impact our enjoyment but the positives
seem worth the discomfort.
I wondered if any List members paln to attend?
Jerry Flaherty