[meteorite-list] Fredericksburg meteorite and politics of science

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:20:12 -0700

Ahh, well, I guess it wasn't to be....off list that is.
I'll start by letting Mike have a good look at the quote he just put down.
Note "approved meteorite."
You suggest that I said that it wasn't a meteorite. I, as you can
clearly see, stated that it was merely not approved. Read it if you
don't believe me...

I responded to every issue brought up in your third paragraph
privately. Read it.
As you can see, I pretty much agree with you....way to wait for a
response before posting again.

The issues in the fourth paragraph I addressed as well - privately, a
good few minutes ago.

Furthermore, it seems clear to me now that it was merely not submitted
because it was a paired piece of Richland. If it's not a new
meteorite, it shouldn't get a new name; we all know that.

Please don't do this again next time I respond privately to you.
After I clearly did not publicly post my initial off-list response to
the list, there was no reason for you to respond to everyone.

Annoyed,
Jason