[meteorite-list] RICHLAND, Final

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:23:15 -0700

Hello All,
Dr. Wason just emailed both Mike and myself, clearing this entire issue up.
I don't know exactly why this entire argument was brought to the
list's attention, as it was clearly a private matter, and for this I
apologize.

After the ridiculous accusations that Mike posted against John (which
were founded in fasle assumptions made on Mike's part), I also
responded with comments that were technically untrue. I would like to
clear this up.
Mike stated that John refused to send him the data because of a
disagreement that they had regarding the purchase of the iron by Mike.
 I assumed that Mike knew what he was talking about, and wasn't simply
throwing wild accusations around. As it turns out, Mike was entirely
wrong on this, and, as a result, my argument was false as well. I
supposed that, based on Mike's supposition that Dr. Wasson was
actually retaining information for whatever purposes (supposedly
spite), Farmer should simply apologize and that the entire issue would
be cleared up.

As it turns out, Dr. Wasson had simply become occupied with other work
at the time, and had forgotten to email Mike the data.
That being said, the question arises as to why Mike did not simply
re-request the data/ask Dr. Wasson to submit the iron again.
Regarding this, I can offer no explanation - Mike will have to help
you out on that end.

In any case, I apologize for the presumptions which I helped to
further, that were based on the false data provided by Michael Farmer.
 Based on what I actually knew at the time, coupled with the
information from Michael Farmer, which I made the mistake of believing
as true, there was little possibility, in my opinion, of my reaching
another conclusion at the time.

John, I apologize for the statements that I made, and I would like to
apologize again to the list for all of this.

Jason