[meteorite-list] FW: Illinois meteorite

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:24:46 -0600

I would like to make a profound announcement (out of character for me?).
Why don't all list members from Illinois NOT let us know when they have
an object that is not scientifically classified until the rock comes
back as a REAL METEORITE.....If I brought it to the list each time
someone brought me a meteorwrong, you would be bombarded weekly with a
meteorwrong announcement. I am quite sure that on a week to week basis,
we would collectively receive around fifty or more meteorwrong suspected
meteorite announcements if we all reported every rock that some joker
brought to a list member hoping it was a meteorite.
Please do not post to the list each time someone brings you a
meteorwrong that hasn't been tested.
It wastes all of our time.
Dave Freeman
mjwy Rock Springs,WY