[meteorite-list] a question on fusion crust

From: Armando Afonso <armandoafonso_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:23:24 -0000

Of course it is fusion crust.
We agree on something, finally.
I only wanted to underline that question of the material beeing the same or
not.
Magnetite is a diferent substance, resulting of the combination with the
atmosphere, and much harder than the Iron from where it came.
Speaking of fake crusts on chondrites (since it can be done easily with a
blowpipe) I am sure that some "enterpreneur" already sold one or two...
To coat of magnetite an iron meteorite, is a bit more dificult to produce in
the garage.
Perhaps someone on the list could tell us something interesting about this.
AA