[meteorite-list] Fusion crusts on stony meteorites - NWA 2826

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2007 00:43:22 UT

Hello Jim, John, Marcin and List,

> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/CaneySprings/
> http://www.johnkashuba.com/Pages/Meteorite%20Pages/Pictures/NWA2826LL5.htm

No matter what it is: fusion crust, impact melt, darker material, one thing is sure: It's
one stunning LL5 chondrite with gorgeous crust and beautiful, well-developed thumbprints!

John is such an experienced observer and photographer of meteoritic details that I have
no problems joining his assessment: it does indeed look like matrix material surrrounded
by fusion crust melt!

Thanks for sharing !

Bernd

P.S.: Marcin still has a few slices for sale but if you should have fallen in love
with the 132 gram crusted fragment - too late because I have just bought it ;-)

http://www.polandmet.com/_nwa2826.htm