[meteorite-list] Black NWA 1685

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:26:35 -0400

Bernd and Steve and List,

Have been searching the net and various texts to determine how frequent, if
at all, actual achondritic clasts are recorded being found in chondrites.
Not much info on the subject around but Richard Norton states that there are
instances of such occurrences. Pg. 144 plate (b) The Cambridge Encyclopedia
of Meteorites.

So how do these beauties come to being? Are the breccias polymict from two
different parent bodies or genomict with the chondrite free material from
deep within the parent body?

Would love to learn what this stuff is. I do have another 30+ gram slice on
the way which should reach me this week. I would consider sending this off
for classification if someone would recommend a good institution that would
be willing to look at it. This new slice has both clasts.

Cheers,

Mike Tettenborn
BL67gm ind., BL99gm slice, BL6.7gm end cut, BL30gm slice