[meteorite-list] For the record: More on Dean's BL - TKW in collectors' hands

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2007 19:21:54 UT

Hello BL owners and List,

Of course I don't know how many BL owners there really are and how many
of the original masses, cut slices, endcuts, individuals, etc. have changed owners
(nor do I know whether any original individuals have been cut up and sold or
traded) but the TKW in my personal files presently amounts to 11416.8 grams.

There were two shipments (according to Dean).

1st shipment: 41 meteorites totaling 7.7 kg.
2nd shipment: ??? but substantially more than 3.5 kg because one list member
then acquired about 3246 grams (this weight is included in the 11416.8 grams).

My 251.3 gram piece that you can see on Jeff Kuyken's website (the upper two
pieces) was part of this second shipment:

http://www.meteorites.com.au/odds&ends/bl.html

Best wishes,

Bernd