[meteorite-list] H2 or L2 CLASS METEORITES

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:43:17 -0600

Hi Mike,

In light of Jeff's post I'd tend to yield if I were in an argument and just
agree. But if the purpose is to get a feel for what is happening and why,
it's more fun to keep these ideas alive.

Scientists can make conventions, and it is very hard to keep conventions
written in stone. Until a new stone causing them to go back to the drawing
board. The purpose of my post was to complement your ideas and get an
understanding of the processes. If the scientists want to define 3.0 as the
lowest and take into consideration a well thought out scheme, that's fine.
Then, someone, somewhere, will come up with something that doesn't fit some
class and it will be worth $1000/gram and have everyone buzzing.

Yielding with a good fight, and remembering the 4 billion year old rocks
found in Australia,
Doug

PS as to McSween's chart, I think that is a red herring. After all, if you
were to interpret it literally as you do, type "I" carbonaceous would be
more altered by water than type "2"!!