[meteorite-list] Just to say, "Hi" once again!

From: Mal Bishop <magbish3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:50:08 -0400

Hello everyone once again!

After almost a four year absence, I had an irresistible urge to again
stroll back to the old
neighborhood and see how much or how little it may have changed. It is
rather refreshing to see
many of the same old names I remember from the past, as well as some new
ones, posting, along
with some of the same in-family bickering going on that I so vividly
remember from the past.
Reminds me of one big family sitting around the dinner table with everyone
fighting over the last piece
of pie! :-)

It is really nice to see everyone, or should I say read everyone, once
again -- sort of like
coming home after a long sojourn in the wilderness with all of its
uncertainties and possible dangers, to be
back in safer, and more familiar surroundings, albeit maybe a bit
tumultuous, and testy at times, but never the less, still
a feeling of kinship!

I've been absent for the past couple of years from the meteorite list due
to several reasons, but principally since my wife, Ava, passed away
suddenly and most untimely in an auto accident two years ago this coming
Monday, April 2nd. Personally, things were somewhat tough
before her death, but at least she was there then to help smooth over the
rough terrain, but after her death our one an only child, Gabriel
(now eight) was my one and only true concern.

Although my heart has always remained true to our wondrous, cosmic friends
from above, I had to take a break from
collecting, participating on the list, and even subdue to a major degree,
my once burning desire and interest in reading and educating myself further
on a once most
passionate joy in my life. My son came first above all else, and a very
unwanted adjustment period ensued with the loss of Gabriel's mother, and my
best friend while trying to be both father and mother to Gabriel, and at
the same time trying to cope with my own sense of loss and bewilderment.

Anyway, I also wanted to mention how shocked I was when I rejoined the list
a couple of days ago to hear about Walter Branch being involved in some
sort of auto accident of his own! From the little information I've
gathered thus far, it sounds as if Walter's daughter was involved in the
accident as well,
but that she may have faired much better than he had? I was just somewhat
shocked and dismayed to read of this for I dealt with Walter on several
occasions and found him extremely friendly as well as professional! He was
top drawer as was everyone I've dealt with over the years on this list!

I just offer up my best wishes and prayers for Walter, his wife, and
daughter during this very tragic time in their lives! If anyone has an
email address
that is current for either Walter or his wife, I would like to directly
email them my sympathy, and concern. Also, if anyone would care to do so,
I would also like to
hear how Walter is progressing!

Well, in closing, I'm back to collecting ( already made several purchases
from several dealers on our list and from my past), and on top of that, I
have a very inquisitive
eight year old who just purchased his own VERY FIRST meteorite (actually
several :-) ).

Hope all of you are doing well personally, and meteoritically! {smile}

Best regards to all,
Mal