[meteorite-list] Big Well Damage

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 15:21:08 -0500

I can confirm great damage to the big well location. The shed above the
well is half missing, the building itself looks like it is missing it's
roof. This was/is the location of the 1000 lb. Brenham. Due to the weight
of the specimen I image it is still there, hopefullly still in one piece.

The tornado stayed on the ground until it entered Pratt county...where one
person has been comfirmed dead. That's an eight mile strip.

Technology and our understanding of weather saved 100's of people. Along
with much of the state last night I watched it form, start to spin, and
listened while they declared Greensburg a target of a tornado about 20
minutes before it hit.

Anyway, I apologize for the many e-mails on this. Greensburg is has a
unique meteorite history; past, present and I believe future. I hope I have
not strayed too far into OT.

Mark