[meteorite-list] Helping the People of Greensburg

From: Mal Bishop <magbish3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 09:05:05 -0400

Hello Everyone,

First of all, my son and I would like to offer our deep, sincere regret and
sorrow to all of those that may have been impacted by the horrific tragedy
in Greensburg, Kansas
and surrounding area! The most important issue at hand for the people who
lived through the devastation is shelter, food, drink, and the seemingly
daunting task of putting their
lives back together which admittedly is, I feel, not a priority as just
making one day to the next their overwhelming challenge at present.

I spoke with my 8 year old son, Gabriel, regarding the destruction, and he
came up with the idea of writing a letter to his school principal,
teachers, and classmates regarding this
tragedy and asking if they wouldn't mind donating whatever they can to help
the good people in the Greensburg area. I'm also planning on emailing
family and friends to ask them
if they would do the same.

My question is; how should I ask people to donate, or where to send
donations? Could someone set up a special PayPal account to collect funds
for the relief, or should we just send donations to one of the list members
such as Maria, Mark, Steve, Geoff, or someone else? I know they could send
their donations to the Red Cross of course, but does anyone have a more
direct ( i.e., more personal and maybe more efficient) way of sending funds
to hopefully/possibly be of more immediate help to those in greatest need?

With warm regards to all,
Mal