[meteorite-list] Greensburg, Kansas Update

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 22:33:28 -0500

Hello all,

Greensburg was closed off from it's residents again today, while workers
started the process of cleaning up and continued the search for bodies. The
weather did not let up, raining hail on the rescue workers.

The residents were told they would be able to enter the town today but
officials changed their mind because of debris spread about during last
night's storm.

To enter the town tomorrow you must have proof of ownership, although others
can come with you.

This may be why the meteorite is lost, no one has been allowed to find it
where Steve noted it may be, on the floor....although I have not heard that
the meteorite is missing on KAKE, despite perhaps 40 hrs. of local news
coverage.

The rain has been a problem and another storm is forming and coming up from
Oklahoma. Kansas is starting to have some flooding problems, which if there
is a bright side to that, I do not think Greensburg is in any trouble in
that regard.

I am confident we will rebuild Greensburg.

Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas