[meteorite-list] Tornado snatches 1, 000 pound pallasite meteorite

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 00:21:56 -0500

On Sun, 06 May 2007 21:15:45 -0700, you wrote:

>this is really devastating.
>Poor people in Greensburg!

I heard on the news tonight that the residents had a 20 minute warning to seek
shelter. If they didn't have an early warning system, or it happened a few
hours later while everyone was asleep, I think that there would have been a
thousand dead people and not around a dozen. I'm shocked by how little loss of
life there was, seeing how total the destruction was.