[meteorite-list] Home (finally) and thanks.

From: Walter Branch <waltbranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 20:09:31 -0400

Hello Everyone

Well, where do I start. I can't start at the beginning because I don't
really remember much of it. Suffice it to say that I am home now. My
recovery is nowhere complete as I need 2-3 more surgeries in a few months.
I am ambulatory with the aid of a walker and I literally had to learn to
walk, batch, lift, etc all over again. I can walk a few feet unaided but I
will have to curtail that activity a bit because I fell last night trying to
change my shirt and the incident incurred the wrath of my wife!

I have four drainage bags either attached to or hanging from my abdomen.
Yuck! I have other injuries as well which will take up to a year to heal.

Well enough about me. Words cannot adequately express the sincere
appreciation I have for your emails, donation of money and meteorites and
general "hang-in-there" support
and encouragement.

I will try to answer individual emails as my tired body will allow. I lost
25-30 lbs. while in the hospital and I get exhausted easily, I have to rest
now but I wanted you all to know how much I appreciate all you have done for
me and my family.

-Walter Branch