[meteorite-list] Titanium content

From: Francis Graham <francisgraham_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 04:57:59 -0700 (PDT)

  Yes, Randy is correct about titanium content varying
around the Moon.
  What are the petrological reasons why this varies?
  In southeast Pennsylvania, we have high titanium
diabase intrusions (The "York Haven" intrusion) and
low titanium diabase intrusions in highly folded and
complex rocks which date from the precambrian. The
lunar variation does not have the same cause, I am
sure. But what are some of the ideas that account for
the lunar variation?

Francis Graham