[meteorite-list] Greensburg Charity Meteorite Raffle

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 19:14:52 -0700

Dear Listees:

Here are preliminary details regarding the Greensburg, KS charity
raffle:

http://www.aerolite.org/events/greensburg-fundraiser.htm

And here are the prizes we have on offer so far. Thank you to everyone
who has already given:

http://www.aerolite.org/events/greensburg-raffle.htm

We'd be very delighted to receive more donations of meteorites or
meteorite-related prizes -- large or small. That's my department. Email
me photos and specs, or just mail me the specimen(s). I'll take photos
for you and add them to the website. Please state how you would like
your name/company name to appear (as donor).

Greensburg is one of the most famous meteorite towns in the world. If
you've ever enjoyed looking at a Brenham pallasite; reading "Space
Rocks and Buffalo Grass"; watching the "Cash & Treasures," or "Wired
Science" shows; or any of Steve's many TV news appearances, now would
be a great time to say thanks to the town that helped make those
experiences possible.

Rafffle tickets are $10 each and you can buy as many as you like. To
purchase, please email our friend Maria Haas at: dragonsoup at msn.com

. . . or you can just PayPal funds to her. Her email address is the
same as her PayPal account. She is very well experienced with
fundraisers and you can trust her with your $$ : )

As mentioned earlier, our primary goal is to get money up to Greensburg
NOW to help some of those people who have lost their homes and
belongings. Bear with us, and we'll provide details of where and when
the charity raffle will take place later on. So, please chip in
whatever you can today. I hear from Maria that we already have more
than $1,000 in hand and/or pledged, and about another $1,000 worth in
raffle prizes.

Mark Bostick and Steve Arnold are on the ground in KS figuring out the
best way to get funds to people who need help the most. I'm sure
they'll post reports when they can.

We'll be adding more material to the website shortly, including
personal memories and photos of Greensburg. Please contact me off-List
if you'd like to contribute something to that project.

Thanks and regards,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org