[meteorite-list] Where have all the meteorites gone?

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 11:19:23 +0200

Well, Dean, perhaps one should express it less pessimistic and alleviate
apprehensions :
"The market will normalize again".

======
Normalizing not mean that this will be good time again.
For the dealers got new stuff will be harder but prices will go up.
For the collectors there will be lesss stuff but their collections stop to
lose their value.

Im agree with Martin and Dean that the supply is drying, but I also think
that it is impossible to clean from meteorites a whole Sahara+Oman in
7-9years. There are still alot of meteorites to be found, but the other half
of this problem is that there is less and less hunters on the desert. I have
hear last year some mysterious stories about maroccan dealers in Algerian
prison becouse of smuggling things through border. Now Morocco doing
something with their south border in Mauretania. I think that this it reason
why we have less and less material. Just maybe 50% of this is border
problems and becouse berbers are scared to smugle black stones and other
half is that there are less and less of the material.

I only hope that we still have some more RICH years to enjoy.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195