[meteorite-list] Suspect Seller?

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 01:38:45 +0200

Come on folks, to much spare time?

Mark:
"I can honestly say that it's certainly not an open and welcoming
community."

- Wrong.

"Most hobbies try to encourage beginners - proponents want to share their
knowledge, wonder and passion about their interests."

- true and with this list, you found exactly the right place.
Check the archives:
http://www.mail-archive.com/meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com/
Here on the list you'll find more infotmation about meteorites than in any
other place on web and you are invitated to address to the list, whenever
you have a meteoritical question.

Ken:
Maybe the seller isn't intentionally fraudulent?
That Prof. Ameri seems to be a real person, although he seems to have some
idiosyncratic theories, if one tries to interpret that sketch:
http://www.radiochaco.com.ar/meteorito.htm

A "Berlin Astronomical Center" does exist in Berlin Potsdam at the
Urania-Planetarium: http://www.radiochaco.com.ar/meteorito.htm
The "Astronomische Zentrum Bruno H. Buergel",
named after an astronomer and author of popular astronomy books.

Certainly not the first address in Berlin for meteorites,
that would be the Humboldt-University.

Best!
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----