[meteorite-list] More on London Clay Microtektites

From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 20:56:28 -0700 (PDT)

Sterling & all,

You are excessively kind with your reasoned comments.

When someone says "But the people that found
difficulty with such a composition, in my view, simply
had an inability in grasp that some things
in heaven and earth are literally beyond the powers of
human understanding."

Aubrey, I am embarrassed for you. How could you
endorse (by mere repetition) such mindless drivel?
Your stock just went way down.

Good grief!

Norm

--- "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleocene-Eocene_Thermal_Maximum

> Aubrey, why don't you ask him if he actually has
> any real
> data, how he got it (who did the tests), and such
> like questions,
> as, would he show it to you or let you put it on
> your website?
>
> And, finally, despite the visual resemblance to
> microtektites,
> there is one other substance which these objects
> could be:
> Amber. Amber was formed largely 50+ mya, is often
> found in
> early Eocene deposits, is suitably durable, is
> extensively transported
> by water, assumes fluid forms, and so forth. Amber
> can absorb
> considerable calcium (buried with bird bones you
> said). If the
> chief element of its composition is Carbon, you
> might have amber...
>

> Sterling K. Webb

=== message truncated ===