[meteorite-list] NEW 'NATURAL HISTORY" MUSEUM IS OPENING

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 01:29:46 -0400

Hi, Sterling and all,

I look forward to the Skeptical Inquirer's eventual article on it.

A recent similar theme park in Florida didn't last long before going into
bankruptcy...

http://www.csicop.org/si/2004-11/hovind.html
http://www.csicop.org/si/2004-11/hovind.html

Cheers,
Pete

From: "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net>
To: "Meteorite List" <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>
Subject: [meteorite-list] NEW 'NATURAL HISTORY" MUSEUM IS OPENING
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 20:33:11 -0500

Hi, List,

     Yes, the entrance gates here are topped with metallic
Stegosauruses. The grounds include a giant tyrannosaur
standing amid the trees, and a stone-lined lobby sports
varied sauropods. It could be like any other natural history
museum, luring families with the promise of exciting and
educational dinosaur adventures, but it's the brand new
$27 million Creation Museum's Grand Opening this very
holiday weekend, on 28th of May.
http://www.creationmuseum.org/
     Located within a day's drive of two-thirds of the US
population in Petersburg, KY, near Cincinnati, interstates
and an international airport.

     In the dioramas, two prehistoric children play near a
gurgling waterfall, while dinosaurs cavort nearby. Dinosaurs
are also seen boarding Noah's Ark. Outside the museum,
scientists may assert that the universe is billions of years old
and fossils are the remains of animals living hundreds of
millions of years ago, that life's diversity is the result of
evolution by natural selection, but inside the museum, no,
the Earth is barely 6,000 years old and the dinosaurs were
created on the sixth day of Creation.

     The Creation Museum makes extensive use of the latest
in scientific technology to convince you that Science is
A Lie, with high-tech displays and animatronic dinosaurs:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nationworld/bal-te.creationist20may20,0,7993512.story?coll=bal-nationworld-headlines
Especially impressive, I'm told is the interactive exhibit that
shows how The Flood cut the Grand Canyon. Who knew?

     So, if you know of any children whose minds you'd like
to rot, what better place to take them on vacation? Here's a
virtual walk-through on-line:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/museum/walkthrough/

     More news...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/6549595.stm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/26/AR2007052600908.html

http://uk.reuters.com/article/wtMostRead/idUKN2621240720070526

     It does simplify some thorny issues. How old is this primitive
achondrite? 6000 years. How old is the Sun? 6000 years. How old
is the Universe? 6000 years. What's the maximum amount of time
a meteorite can take to get to the Earth? 6000 years. Just fill in all
the blanks with the same answer. How old is humanity? 6000 years.
Dinosaurs? 6000 years. Single-celled life? 6000 years. See. it's
easy... How long does it take photons to travel from the Big Bang
to the Earth? 6000 years. See, nothing to it.

     I wonder if they've got a diorama where Adam wrastles The
Raptor? That would be entertainment! I sure hope they've taken
all the appropriate precautions to ensure those big animatronic
dinosaurs don't escape their enclosures and eat the Christians.

     I'd say more, but I'm pretty much speechless. (Is that a first?)

Sterling I. Webb