[meteorite-list] The Biggest Tektite & Special Exhibit?

From: Greatwallc at aol.com <Greatwallc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 07:40:19 EDT

Thanks to all on this talks. I enjoy all the info. Let me introduce an
Indochinite in my collection: 1,042 gram, ~ 6x4x3", flow lines on all surface,
damage-free, boat-shape, one end heavier.

I put my tektite collection in a Special Exhibit case during the Denver Gem
& Mineral Show in 1999(?). Museums, such as the Smithsonian and American
Natural History, and famous collectors put up those exhibits for education
purpose. Would everybody be interested in bringing his/her largest/best tektites
for a collective tektite exhibit during the Denver and Tucson gem show (main
show)? Maybe Anne Black and I can coordinate it for Sept's Denver show.

It will be more fun to look at these big tektites. They are extremely
difficult to find. I went through perhaps 10 tons to find a piece over 1,00 gram!

Paul Liu
Greatwall Consulting & Trading LLC
P. O. Box 33992
Northglenn, CO 80233-0992
Tel & Fax: (303) 255-7148, Mobile: (720) 218-8486
greatwallc at aol.com www.greatwallct.com

In a message dated 5/25/2007 7:12:39 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,