[meteorite-list] Munich news

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 00:36:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone, I have been unable to post to the list
for nearly 10 day but it seems to be fixed now.
I was in Munich for the whole show, and must say,
there was not much new around. Of course Carancas and
Mali made a big splash. It was confusing which was
Bassikounou and which was Mali, but close inspection
usually was easy, and most of the mali was a little
more grey. Broken pieces are much easier to identify.
I think some Moroccans are playing hanky-panky, trying
to get rid of Bassi stock. I only bought a few grams
of tiny complete stones, the price was too high for me
here, between 1.5 and 4 Euros per gram, change that to
dollars, and that is too expensive for me as a
reseller. Now that all Moroccans are retailers, we
will see what will happen.
The weather was wonderful of you are from Tucson, nice
crisp cold mornings and cool afternoons, very
different from my home, which I love. We all had fun,
I appreciated chatting with my European friends, and
telling stories about Cali and Carancas and La Mancha.
The shows are a great time to catch up on news.
Anyway, I will be going home tomorrow and then
preparing for the Tokyo show in barely one month!
Never enough time.... I am hoping that a new fall will
take a little time now, and give me some work time at
home.

Michael Farmer