[meteorite-list] Question about Polarizing Microscope Lomo Polam P-211

From: Pat Brown <radio_ranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 18:27:17 -0800 (PST)

Hello Listees,

OK this is a gloat. However, there is also a request
for assistance.

I just scored a compound polarizing mineralogical
microscope that I am trying to learn some more about.
I am trying to find a users manual and a service
manual (preferably in english, but any language is
more than I have now). The good part is that I got
this microscope for $50. The down side is that the
eyepieces are replacements. The objectives are also
replacements and there are only 2 objectives.

A through search of the web has turned up very little
information and no hint of a manual.

Can any of you help me learn anything more about this
microscope? I contacted the good folks at Lomo USA and
they tell me that this microscope was never supported
in the US market and that they can offer no help or
support. I am appealing to the international members
of this list for any help they might be able to offer.

Thank You and Best Regards,
                       Patrick Brown
                       Scientific Lifestyle Meteorites