[meteorite-list] Carancas Availability

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 23:31:19 -0800 (PST)

Don, have you somehow missed the 1000 or so emails
abotu Carancas since the fall? I came home with 300
grams, of which 100 grams was dust. There is not much
to go around, we are now firming up the total material
collected to be in the 10 kilogram range, including
some kilos of dust! That does not leave much for
collectors. The majority of the material has been sold
privately to scientists, collectors and some museums.
I have pieces, I purchased with a partner most of the
material avaialable at the Munich show, brought by
some South Americans. I left them the dust, it is not
so interesting for me, especially since they wanted
the same price per gram, with or without, so I did not
buy it.
I will be home from Germany tonight, so contact me
tomorrow, and we can hook you up.
Michael Farmer