[meteorite-list] Since Scale Cubes are a topic today

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 18:52:54 -0700

Hi All
Since we are on the subject I thought everyone might want to see the
worlds first use of the cube and yes it was for a meteorite. I guess
it would be the granddaddy or great granddaddy of the NASA scale
cubes.

http://jensenmeteorites.com/Book/Cube%201.jpg
http://jensenmeteorites.com/Book/cube2.jpg

They come from "Las Meteoritas Mexicanas Generalidades Sobre
Meteoritas Y Catalogo Descriptivo De Las Meteoritas Mexibcanas"
Instituto Geologico De Mexico by Jose C Haro. Printed in 1931.
Obviously predates the NASA cube by almost 50 years. The book is full
of pictures of meteorites with numerous types of scales in including
rulers, people and photo bars.
BTW this book is in my opinion the best meteorite book by geographic
region ever done. Just wish I could read Spanish.

--
Mike