[meteorite-list] Fw: Crater "String" Claim REDUX

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:09:39 -0600

Hi, Jerry, List,

    This site is Johnny Tonto of Pueblo, Colorado.
He's been much discussed on the List. His craters
are largely Craters of the Mind, I think. I ain't
convinced, at any rate.

    You want more? The crater string idea, along
the same lattitude is not new and not his. The problem
is: they all have different ages. Whoops! The idea of
a string predates that discovery. Not all those craters
are craters (but most are).

    The Gunnison crater has been extensively debunked
on the List by folks who know a) the area, and b) geology.
His evidence (concerning the Gunnison crater) isn't.

    Oh, and he has a "secret" crater somewhere that he
can't divulge.

    The "crater" in the news story was also a subject of
discussion here. After a few days of flurry, it turned out
to be a "geological" formation. I'd tell you all about it,
except that when it turned out not to be meteoric, I
promptly forgot all of it.

    No point in overburdening those little grey cells,
is there?

Sterling K. Webb