[meteorite-list] AD. Japan Meteorite Falls/Finds/Hammers pageupdated with more than 50 links

From: Rob Wesel <rob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 15:34:02 -0800

I was just going over it Dirk, very cool

Of note

Nogata fell in the year 861 as you stated
Look how well preserved this piece is 1146 years of curation

I checked all sources and they confirm 861 as the fall date, some mention
"Julian Calendar" in that date.
As I can not find a plausible conversion of Julian 861 to Gregorian date
(all converters lead me to a negative year) is this to mean that Julian
dating was used to calculate the Gregorian date of 861?

Damn that's old, predates them all and looks fresher than Mali

Rob Wesel
http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com
We are the music makers...
and we are the dreamers of the dreams.