[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space - November 21, 2007

From: Jay & Annette <AJSnyder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 07:09:32 -0800

Moni and list,

The strewn field down at Franconia is bi-sected by Interstate-40 with the
sides respectively, North and South. On Nov. 16, 2007, I decided to hunt an
area that was new to me on the Northside (I have been down to Franconia many
times, the past two years). I was using a metal detector as most do; 1.)
because the area has been worked over hard the past several years and 2.)
many of the bigger chondrites pieces are buried. The really big, big pieces
were picked up during the discovery of the field in 2002. But for this
piece, it was on top with half of it buried in the ground. The chances are
still very good of finding meteorites down there and with just a meteorite
cane, but require a lot of walking into areas most don't visit. A good
indicator is the lack of the so-called, "Scratch holes" and diggings around
that particular area. Happy Hunting and Thanksgiving!!!!

Jason Snyder