[meteorite-list] I need Schooled on Canyon Diablo Graphite Nodules

From: David & Kitt Deyarmin <bobadebt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:28:17 -0500

I'm preparing an auction description for the remaining Canyon Diablo slices
and end cuts I have for sale

But to be perfectly honest I don't really know that much about them, except
what I have been told but I need more solid info

I tried the net but it's a odd subject and not much can be easily found.

I am looking for answers to the following questions:

1. Do all iron meteorites contain Graphite Nodules?

2. If so, has anyone found nodules from other iron meteorites and/or made
them available to collectors?

3. Are the nodules from the Canyon Diablo meteorite the largest available?

4. If so, why is that, what made the Canyon Diablo meteorite so special?

The answers to these questions will probably create more questions so if
you're very knowledgeable about these please contact me off list at bobadebt
at ec.rr.com

If possible, I would like to call you to discuss the subject but email will
work too.

Thanks