[meteorite-list] Marcin's new NWA 4967 CO3.1 (!) chondrite

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2007 21:34:15 UT

Hello List,

Just in case some of you haven't noticed yet. Marcin has a beautiful, very
fresh carbonaceous chondrite (S2/W1-2 - TKW only 689 gr). My 6.78-gram endcut
arrived today and I can assure you this is a "must have". There are chondrules
galore (most of them very small but a few conspicuously larger, orange-brown
and crystalline - probably PO) with distinct rims of fine-grained, opaque material
throughout the matrix. Marcin has given it a high, mirror-like polish, which even
adds to this CO3.1's beauty!

http://www.polandmet.com/_nwa4967.htm

Best wishes,

Bernd