[meteorite-list] New CK4 - NWA 2952 - AD

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:44:15 -0400

Dear List Members,

I would like to take this opportunity to announce a new CK4 that I obtained
over two years ago but am just now getting a chance to offer it to
collectors. I am offering what I have directly to List members on a
first-come first-served basis instead of going through eBay at this moment.
Whoever emails me their First, Second and/or Third choices the quickest will
"win" that specimen. I suggest using second and third choices in case
someone beats you to your first choice. I will be going by the time your
email is received and will notify winners as quick as I can so you will know
what choice you won. The selection of specimens are below the classification
in this email.

NWA 2952, a CK4 Carbonaceous Chondrite Found in the Sahara Desert in 2005.
This beautiful meteorite has a variety of colored chondrules and an
abundance of CAI's imbedded in a greenish-gray matrix. A Total Known Weight
of only 102 grams in a single stone is all there is of this example.

Close-up image of variety of colorful chondrules:
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa2952/nwa2952a1.jpg

Close-up image of CAI's and chondrules:
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa2952/nwa2952b1.jpg

NWA 2952 CK4 Specimens:

5.754g cs, $175.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00001.jpg
5.45g cs, $165.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00002.jpg
4.758g cs, $155.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00003.jpg
4.342g cs, $140.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00004.jpg
4.186g cs, $135.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00005.jpg
4.162g ec, $133.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00006.jpg
4.132g cs, $136.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00007.jpg
3.928g ec, $130.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00008.jpg
3.364g cs, $114.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00009.jpg
3.304g ec, $112.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00010.jpg
3.224g ps, $106.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00011.jpg
2.47g cs, $86.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00012.jpg
2.268g cs, $80.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00013.jpg
2.102g cs, $74.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00014.jpg
1.974g ec, $70.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00015.jpg
1.798g cs, $63.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00016.jpg
1.062g ps, $37.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00017.jpg
686mg ps, $27.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00018.jpg
596mg polished fragment, $24.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00019.jpg
554mg ps, $22.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00020.jpg
432mg polished fragment, $17.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00021.jpg
324mg ps, $13.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00022.jpg
104mg of fragments, $5.00
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa2952/dsc00023.jpg
cs - complete slice
ps - part slice
ec - end cut

If you are interested in any of the above specimens, please email me quickly
in order to reserve your top choices. If you are just looking, please enjoy!

I still have a great selection of my new Brecciated Lodranite that I started
to offer last week. It is NWA 4478.

Best regards and "Thank You" for considering these,
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
NaturesVault (eBay)