[meteorite-list] WG: another Randall post

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 23:40:56 +0200

Von: Randall Gregory [mailto:randall_gregory at yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 1. Oktober 2007 23:29
An: Martin Altmann
Betreff: Re: [meteorite-list] another Randall post

Martin, (please post)
?
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I am not talking about what other
meteorite hunters do when they go to the field. An example is Mike Farmer.
He went to Columbia risking his life to legitimately buy meteorites from the
land-owner. It was a fair and equitable transaction. No looting involved. If
he had?gone down there, broke into the house and stole the meteorites, then
that would be a different story, but Mike does not operate like that. He
pays good money to the rightful owners. No harm there.
?
You have my word that the land-owner will be rightfully compensated. You are
welcome to accompany me when I return to Carancas. I don't know what the
compensation will be, but I guarentee that it will be fair. I didn't enter
into this for the money. It is something I enjoy doing. It gives me an
opportunity to meet some wonderful people while exploring this beautiful
continent.
?
Randall