[meteorite-list] Lake Titicaca Meteorite - proposal for new name

From: Dr. Richard Daniels <dr.richard.daniels_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:44:41 -0500

Lake Titicaca is the highest navigable lake in the world located in
the land of the Incas. This area is also the center of Peruvian
Forklore. Oceanographer Jacques Yves Cousteau spent eight weeks using
mini-subs to explore for a 2,000 lb. chain of gold thrown into the
lake by the Incas to prevent it being taken from the Spanish. A new
species of frog was found in the lake. A frog that never surfaces! In
the year 2000, a huge ancient underwater temple was discovered
measuring 660 ft. long by 160ft. wide dating back almost 1,500 years.

Additonally, naming it Lake Titicaca allows Bolivia to share. It is
right on the boarder (political). There is a saying in Peru about the
lake. Peru has the titty and Boliva has the caca. :)

A meteorite couldn't have hit in a more beautiful place. I propose
Lake Titicaca meteorite. I also propose that the met-list votes on
this. Then, would anyone like to support start the submission to the
Meteoritical Society?

Dr. Richard Daniels