[meteorite-list] 15th Anniversary of the Peekskill Meteorite Fall

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:58:47 +0200

> Olivine Bronzite Chondrite
> Peekskill, New York
> Type: Becciated H5 or 6
> Total Known Weight: 12.3 kg
> Fell October 9, 1992
> Choice light gray polished partial slice with
> rich black fusion crust along the outer edge.

Well, unmistakably the wording of DAVID NEW, the grand
old master of meteorite selling and trading since the
Nineteenfiftees in the United States, now residing in
Anacortes/Washington and hopefully still at good health...

> Size: 40 x 35 x 5 mm
> Weight: 13.3 gram*
> *a tiny fraction of which (breakage) now resides
> in Alex Seidel's Collection if he still has it.

Of course, this is still in my collection, and it is
going to stay there! A small goodie of 1.42 g with a
bit of crust, sold to me nine years ago, Bernd, as you
may well recall... :-)

Alex
Berlin/Stade, Germany