[meteorite-list] price per gram on mali or Algeria a fall or afind!!!!!

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:39:18 EDT

In a message dated 10/16/2007 2:57:00 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
gmhupe at htn.net writes:
As far as sending a sample of the Mali meteorite in, the answer is no
because in an earlier email you had stated that you or someone you referred
to had sent the sample in. I only had a limited amount of material and all
was too nice to cut except the smaller piece I cut for comparison reason to
show List members. Someone asked to buy that piece for their collection so I
accommodated them. Which Moroccan sent in the type sample so we can expect
the results.

Thank you,
Greg
====================

There really is no reason for Moroccan (or north African) meteorites to come
on the market without having been studied and classified.
Not anymore.
Dr. Hassna Chennaoui of the University of Casablanca is fully qualified and
accredited to do that. I am sure it would be very simple and easy for anyone
in Morocco to send a sample to her, and, since this service is not very
well-known yet, she will probably give you a response much faster than the Musee
d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris or any of the Labs in the US.

Maybe you should contact her: Universite Hassan II Casablanca, Faculte des
Sciences, Department de Geologie: http://www.fsac.ac.ma/depart/geo/index.html.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com