[meteorite-list] Lake Titicaca Meteoorite fall in Peru????

From: LITIG8NSHARK at aol.com <LITIG8NSHARK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:33:02 EDT

Good evening, Mr. Gregory,

I did receive the two photos you sent me following my winning bid of your
eBay auction.
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=300159255522&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI)

I would note that the second photo you sent....the one which shows you
climbing out of the crater with a few plastic bags for your "photo op"; and which
you have posted to your latest auction....is disconcerting, to say the least.
 That crater has been the recipient of human waste, among other things--if I
am properly informed. The fact that you climbed down into the crater-waste
without appropriate protection speaks volumes about your professionalism in
the science of meteoritics.....not to mention your omnipotence.

The photo of the crater you forwarded; which coincidentally you have
apparently unilaterally named ("Lake Titicaca"), is not as advertised. The optical
quality is quite poor, in fact--I find it difficult to believe that it is
1,200 dpi(one thousand, two hundred dpi) as I requested and, which is
significantly less than the quality you advertised as possible to send. In all
honesty, my three year old, 5 meg., camera would have taken a cleaner picture.

Further, your eBay ad's suggestion that the photo you ultimately e-mailed me
was removed from your original eBay ad (yes, I saw the ad before you removed
the photo....apparently concerned that some "ingenious" person might
actually copy the photo) in order to maximize it's quality with your Photoshop
software, is falling on deaf ears.

Yes, I won your auction for next to nothing......unfortunately, was worth
even less. So, to respond to your e-mail inquiry: Do I like the photos? I'm
not fluent in enough languages to tell you that "NO, I AM NOT HAPPY, I FEEL
TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF, AND YES RANDY, I AM A LAWYER...FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH."

No worries my friend, I'm not going to sue you....On the contrary, I happen
to respect the Meteorite List members with whom you were fighting before you
did us all the favor, and resigned your subscription. So NO, anticipating
your next query...I will NOT represent you!

PS The idea that you would charge $50.00 shipping, for a one gram specimen
of any meteorite you might sell on eBay, is truly repugnant. Shame on you,
Sir.

Best regards,

Paul Martyn
Savannah, Georgia, USA

In a message dated 10/16/2007 12:27:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,