[meteorite-list] Jim Kriegh, John Blennert, and Twink Monrad / Gold Basin Tribute

From: Ruben Garcia <meteoritemall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:26:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
After reading all the beautiful things that everyone
(Especially Notkin and Farmer) wrote about Jim Kriegh
last week, John Gwilliam and I decided that a tribute
was necessary.

For all of you that never had the pleasure of meeting
Jim, this video will help you understand what all the
hoopla was about.

November 25, 2007 will mark the 12 year anniversary of
the discovery of the Gold Basin Strewn Field.

When Jim Kriegh, the finder of the very first Gold
Basin Meteorite passed away, we lost a wonderful
friend, mentor and an amazing meteorite hunter.

I personally owe a huge debt of gratitude to Jim,
since without his help in the spring of 1998, I may
never have found my first meteorite.

So, we thought it fitting to offer a tribute to Jim as
well has his Gold Basin Hunting partners John Blennert
and Twink Monrad.

The following is an interview that was originally
filmed By John Gwilliam in Feb, 2003 at the Tucson Gem
and Mineral show. This interview covers the Gold
Basin Meteorite's humble beginnings all the way to
present day.

here it is......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBoWqYsL6qw

Thanks,