[meteorite-list] Coins/Medals/Tokens

From: valparint at aol.com <valparint_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 06:00:20 -0700

Hi Anne.

It's also being used by a popular cleanser, Santa Claus for one of his
reindeer, and Bill Haley for his rock group, and all long before the
COlorado METeorite Society came into existance.

Another list member wrote me off-list that the word 'comet' is already
'taken' by the COlorado METeorite Society, as if such a thing was
possible, and worries that a new use for the word 'might get a tad
confusing.' He worries for naught - context would save us from confusing a
small piece of stamped metal with a group of people interested in
meteorites or a flying herbivore.

Cheers

Paul